Sunday, January 25, 2009

Afros and Samurais

Growing up me and my dad watched alot of kung fu movies and karate flicks starring martial artist like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and Jet Li, among others. One of my favorites of course was The Last Dragon. It was one of the first karate movies showcasing and featuring black actors and the mix of karate and breakdancing had me glued to the TV screen.

Well I never really got into the firtst season of Afro Samurai but watching the second season, which is on right now by the way, kind of brings be back to the karate movies I grew up loving. Afro Samurai is voiced by the man himself, Samuel Jackson, and he does an awesome job giving off a cold feel to the main charachter and a humorus feel to Afro's sidekick, Ninja Ninja.

Afro Samurai is cool because:
1. Hes black.
2. Hes a samurai.
3. He has an afro.
4. He is voiced by Samuel Jackson.
5. He smokes blunts!

So if you get a chance check out Afro Samurai, it comes on Spike. Check out the website here.

One of my favorites scenes from The Last Dragon.

2 comments:

Miss.Stefanie said...

Thats tight.

Anonymous said...

HEY, i have that movie! & NO its NOT my little brother's lol I love the fact Samuel L. jACKSON was his voice it was kinda funny to see him as a cartoon. Its really graphic with the heads flying off etc...